Truk Lagoon March 5 – 12, 2017
Only until this trip. Reserve your spot today! Call 816-358-0855.
We make this amazing trip every other year so we have a lot of experience traveling to Micronesia. I am happy to discuss the various options most anytime and glad to assist with airline & hotel arrangements as may be necessary to accommodate varying itineraries. There are many options when traveling to this area of the world. Delta & United seem to offer the most flights but all have hitches along the way because flights do not arrive and depart Truk everyday. As I said, I’ll be glad to help you with your arrangements.
Due to fluctuations in airline schedules exact dates & prices may adjust a day or so one way or the other. As of April 11, 2016 pricing is as follows:
- PRICING: $5,445 and includes:
- $2,100 estimated RT air fare allowance – deduct if booking your own airfare
- 7 nights accommodation aboard the Odyssey
- 6 days of diving up to 5 dives per day
- Tanks and weights
- All meals, snacks, beverages including beer and wine (except dinner on Saturday night)
- $40 Truk Diving permit fee paid in cash at the time of sailing is not included.
- NOTE: Some flight itineraries requires an overnight layover in Guam on the inbound and/or outbound. For a 1 night stay at the Royal Orchid Hotel in Guam w/2 per room in a partial ocean view room, full breakfast, round trip transfers to/from airport & hotel taxes add an estimated $105.00 per person.
- I recommend folks arrive Truk a couple of days early if possible to enjoy some land based diving and to get in a bit of R & R from the long journey. Count on paying about $110 each for each additional night on Truk. Diving priced extra at your request but expect to pay about $120 per each 2-tank day of diving.
Truk Lagoon: On Feb of 1944 the US Navy found the Japanese at harbor at Truk Lagoon. What resulted is known as Operation Hailstone.
We board the Turk Odyssey on Sunday night March 5, 2017 . This beautiful 132 ft long live-a-board will be our home for 7-nights & 8 days. During the week we will cruise the lagoon making 4, 5 & 6 dives daily. For More Information About the Odyssey click here.
REBREATHER SUPPORT: Rebreathers will be fully supported during our week with helium, oxygen & sorb available for purchase on an as needed basis. Plus, there is no charge for standard bail out bottles. There are a few 2 & 3L bottles available for rent on a first come first served basis. Email me for details and availability.
OPEN CIRCUIT SUPPORT: For our open circuit friends there is no charge for any tanks owned by the Odyssey. This includes doubles and deco bottles. However, there is a charge for helium & oxygen when used in blends above 32%.
Depart US to arrive Truk Lagoon March 3rd, 4th or 5th – Depart Truk Lagoon for home March 12th or 13th. Exact schedules to be determined prior to departure.
For more information on Truk please visit the official website of the The Federated States of Micronesia
Options & items not included:
- Go out early for a couple days of land based diving and / or to just get adjusted to the time change. if interested call the shop for additional prices to cover the extra nights at a local hotel and/or extra diving.
- Flight schedules & prices subject to change until tickets are purchased
- extra nights at Blue Lagoon Resort on Truk
- Extra land based diving
- Port fees, permits, airport departure taxes and other government imposed fees
Note: Some Itineraries will have long layovers of as much as a day or so in Guam &/or Truk. Hotel stays will be offered at extra cost for those who would prefer waiting in a hotel rather than an airport.
- $1000 deposit, $250 refundable till July 1, 2016 w/ additional $250 deposit required for EACH additional destination
- Additional payment of $3000.00 – if we are purchasing air or $1,500 if you are making your own air travel arrangements – is required Aug 1, 2016.
- Trip must be totally paid for by Nov 15, 2016.
- *Price may adjust a little when the resorts & airlines release 2015 pricing.
Keep checking back as additional details will be posted as they come available.